Monday, September 1, 2014

Simple Beauty - First Face for the September 2014 29Faces

"Simple Beauty." by Dayna Winters.
So I really did my first image "on the fly."  I found out about the 29Faces challenge for 2014 late in the day today, and normally I would have liked to submit a painting rather than a sketch.  Given the schedule I have for the week ahead with myriad commitments, I will be doing a few more sketches during the first few days of the challenge.

I decided to title the image "Simple Beauty," because the woman has a somewhat romantic, soft, ultra-feminine appearance, but she is not ornately decorated.  The piece was completed in a matter of hours and I found the process enjoyable.  As always, I found drawing the nose and lips most challenging, but I am improving in that area the more I sketch and paint.  Looking forward to tomorrow's creation.

4 comments:

  1. love the detail in her hair, she is lovely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Clare Lloyd, for your kind words and for viewing my artwork!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Deborah Wainwright for taking a look at my art and for your kind comment. :)

      Delete