Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Faces 23 & 24 for the 29 Faces Challenge - September 2014

"Mark and Puggy," by Dayna Winters.

A while back a family member asked me to draw a sketch of my husband, so I've finally had the opportunity to do so.  And I gotta say, nothing says love like a man and his pug.  So, I drew my husband Mark and our Puggy.  I'm planning to draw our other pug Precious in the future.  I love the way Puggy snuggles up to my husband every night - the two of them look so cute together.  And Puggyman has been my husband's baby boy every since he brought him home.  I actually drew this sketch while standing in the emergency room waiting for my husband to get his sore shoulder looked at - the sketch went rather quickly and it kept me from growing bored while waiting around to be seen. 

"Ray Liotta," by Dayna Winters.
For face 24, I drew one of my favorite actors - Ray Liotta, and of all his movies, it's Goodfellas that's my absolute favorite.  I can watch that movie a million times and never grow bored with it!  When drawing Liotta, I had some difficulty with the shape of the mouth.  The shadowing on the picture is intense, so there was a lot of shading involved in the drawing too.  I am satisfied with sketches 23 and 24.  Looking forward to sharing more!

No comments:

Post a Comment