Wednesday, September 3, 2014

"Matthew David" - Face #3 for 29Faces Challenge

Title: "Matthew David."
For today's part of the challenge, I decided to try drawing the face of a sleeping newborn.  What I ended up with was a sketch that looks exactly like my first born son, who is now 24 (oh my god, I'm dating myself and man have I gotten old!). Matthew came into my life the day after Christmas in 1989, and he arrived with a full head of hair and a set of chubby cheeks. ;). 

The greatest challenge I faced when creating the sketch was getting the shape of the face just right and making the shading look realistic.  I'm very happy with the outcome.  Since the image looks just like my son, I appropriately named the work "Matthew David," and I dedicate the piece to him.  I love you kid!

Of course my other children will not be left out...there are 26 more days to this challenge so keep an eye out Jess Marie and Michael Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment