Friday, September 26, 2014

Face 26 for the 29 Faces Challenge - September 2014

So I still want to do a sketch of my son Michael, but I have to dig out our photo album to find the right picture I want to draw.  I may not make it in time for the 29 Faces Challenge, but make no mistake Mikey, I'll be drawing you eventually (wink, wink).  In the meantime, I chose to draw a young depiction of Elvis. I had an affinity for Elvis' music when I was younger and my sister Courtney still does.  This drawing took a lot of redoing - the eyes and lips didn't come out right and I ended up doing a whole lot of erasing and repairs.  I'm happy with the final result though!

Because I have such a struggle with certain facial features, I plan on continuing to draw a lot of faces, even when the challenge concludes.  I also plan on making use of some online drawing and painting tutorials - I'm always eager to learn new techniques and I definitely want to sharpen my skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment