Sunday, September 28, 2014

Face 28 for the 29 Faces Challenge - September 2014

"Elizabeth Taylor as Cleopatra," by Dayna Winters.
For today's challenge, I decided to draw Elizabeth Taylor in her role as Cleopatra.  I had little difficulty with the sketch, but have now found that in my struggle to address the issue with right eye emphasis I've been dealing with for the last month, I am now going to the opposite extreme and emphasizing the left eye in this particular depiction.  I also would have liked to have a better photo to work with in order to get the finer details of the headdress just right - the resolution on most photos I found was pretty poor.  Overall, I still think the drawing looks pretty good, and I would love doing a rendition in color in the near future.

Now, behind the scenes, I'm also working on a couple of craft projects, and I am currently painting an art contest submission (more on this later when it is permissible).  In the mean time, keep your fingers and toes crossed for me! (smiling and winking).

No comments:

Post a Comment