Friday, September 19, 2014

Face 18 for the September 2014 29 Faces Challenge

"Jim Morrison," by Dayna Winters.
For face 18, I chose Jim Morrison, the lead singer of The Doors, for my subject.  All I could think about was the song "Riders on the Storm," as I sketched this drawing. Jim has a sharp, bold jaw and I had a bit of a struggle getting it just right.  In fact, I still think his chin is a little off in the drawing, but other than that I'm very happy with the outcome.  I think I did a relatively good job capturing the piercing look in his eyes (although I notice I'm still having issues with right eye emphasis in all of my drawings - and I have no idea why I keep doing it).  Interestingly enough, I find that I don't even really see the right eye emphasis issue until I photograph the art - it's weird.

I had a lot of fun drawing this piece, and wouldn't mind doing it again in some other medium or a similar medium.

No comments:

Post a Comment