Friday, September 5, 2014

Face #5 - September 2014 29 Faces Challenge "Jessica Marie"

"Jessica Marie," by Dayna Winters
For today's challenge I decided to draw my daughter as a baby.  I derived the image from one of my favorite photos of her - professional photo I had taken.  In the photo she sits leaning up against a wicker chair.  She's wearing a big floppy hat, a string of pearls, and a big, fluffy pink boa.  I liked the idea of play dress up and she looked so cute!  Now 19, she's still just as beautiful.

The shading in this piece was the most challenging.  When I began the drawing, I wasn't at all sure how I would draw the boa, but I'm satisfied with the result.  I think I did a pretty good job of capturing her cute smile, bright eyes, and chubby cheeks.  I dedicate the piece to my daughter and thusly titled the sketch, "Jessica Marie."  I love you girlie!

No comments:

Post a Comment