Monday, September 22, 2014

Face 21 and 22 for the September 2014 29 Faces Challenge

"Joan Rivers," by Dayna Winters.
 I'm a little bit ahead of myself today so I'm posting two sketches! Today's first subject is Joan Rivers. 

I think I did great when it came to drawing her hands, although I had to fight the urge to make every finger on the hand visible - it's like something in my brain says - five fingers.... you have to see all five fingers!  When, in real life, this is not the case.  I like this particular pose when it comes to images of Joan - she has a soft look.  It's unfortunate that Joan has passed away - the world will miss her comedic talents to be sure.

The second person I chose as a subject happens to be one of my favorite people in the world - my kid sister, Courtney.  

"Courtney, " by Dayna Winters.
Courtney really knows how to live life - she likes to travel, go to parties with her friends, socialize, and she's not afraid to get out on the dance floor and dance!  Despite having Down's Syndrome, my sister has conquered amazing obstacles in her life, and hasn't let anything stop her from living every day to the fullest - I find her incredibly inspiring! So, I dedicate the sketch to her - I hope she likes it when she finally gets a chance to see it. ;)  I love ya kiddo.  (And she hates it when I call her kid) ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment