Tuesday, September 30, 2014

A Few New Sketches to Share

Today, I've got a couple of sketches to share that are not related to the 29 Faces Challenge I just completed.  I decided to draw a self portrait of myself, and I drew a picture of my mother-in-law's dog.  I am fairly happy with both depictions.

"Self Portrait, Age 5," by Dayna Winters.
First, for the self portrait. I thought it would be fun if, for Throwback Thursday on Facebook, I drew a picture of myself when I was a kid.   I drew a picture based on  my kindergarten school photo.  I'm biting my lip - something a did all the time, along with the nasty habit of chewing my hair (Thank goodness I don't do that anymore!).  I was worried I would have a problem drawing the mouth since I was biting my lip in the picture, but surprisingly, I didn't have any trouble at all.

 When I finished the sketch of myself, which went rather quickly, I then decided to sketch Missy, my mother in law's dog which has passed on.  I thought I might run into a problem when it came time to sketching the fur, since poodles have pretty curly fur, but with the right amount of scribbles and erasing, I managed to make the fur look pretty realistic. I found I only had difficulty when I tried to get the forelegs to look right.  I finally got the picture to look okay. I framed it with a black frame with glass and gave it to my mother-in-law as an impromptu gift.
"Missy," by Dayna Winters.



No comments:

Post a Comment