Friday, October 3, 2014

Working With Some Color

My husband was kind enough to take me to the craft shop the other day, and he, knowing full well my passion for art, picked up a set of 36 Coloursoft Pencils (And you gotta love a guy who really appreciates the things you're passionate about ya know?).  I had never worked with them before, but heard they were good and I wanted to try them out.  I've worked with less expensive colored pencils in the past, and they always made pictures look really grainy with large sections of missing color or undesired gaps.  I was amazed at how beautifully the Prismcolor pencils worked and I gotta say, I'm hooked.  I love them!  I have a feeling I'll be using them a lot more in the future. (wink).  

The first image I drew with the pencils is Marilyn Monroe.  Now, when I did this drawing, and the one that followed, for the first time, I did not create an outline first.  Instead, I worked purely with color in small sections and literally built up the picture slowly.  Admittedly, the first couple of attempts failed miserably, but three times a charm - I figured  out how to make it work and I am extremely happy with the outcome.

"Marilyn Monroe," by Dayna Winters.


After completing the drawing of Monroe, the next day I decided to try drawing Lucille Ball.  I love how the pencils really make her hair color stand out in the drawing, and I found that the pencils make blending colors quite easy.  I'm eager to use the pencils again, and I have a few projects that lie ahead.  ;)


"Lucille Ball," by Dayna Winters.





No comments:

Post a Comment