Thursday, October 2, 2014

Conclusion of 29Faces

I am saddened that the 29 Faces Challenge is over until February.  I had so much fun doing the drawings, challenging myself, and meeting other artists.  So, I've decided to jump right into another challenge - The 31 Day Art Journal Challenge, where you get a prompt a day and you create whatever the prompt suggests! I found a spiral sketch book I had laying around and chose to make it my journal for the challenge.  I designed an art journal cover page to get started:

"Art Journal Cover Page," by Dayna Winters.


 For day one, the prompt "Day After Day," was offered - The prompt suggested that if I could have whatever design I wanted on a mailbox with whatever materials I wanted to use, that I should sketch my ideal mailbox design.  At first, I had no idea what kind of design I was going to come up with - then I found a gorgeous tribal tattoo online that I really liked and the image got my ideas flowing.  So, I ended up sketching a mailbox with an owl in a mosaic design!

"Day After Day," Prompt 1 - 31 Day Art Journal Challenge.

With a great bout of insomnia last night and some free time a few days back, I had some time to polish off a couple of new sketches too.  I drew a sketch of Pierce Brosnan and one of Bruce Willis.  I think the sketch of Willis is more true to life than the sketch of Brosnan.  I sketched Madonna as well.  I like sketching because it is something I can do, even if I'm on the go, in a waiting room, or just relaxing.  Most times, a draw a little, take a break or two, and return to the drawing later, just so I don't force the issue and become frustrated.

"Bruce Willis," by Dayna Winters.


"Pierce Brosnan," by Dayna Winters.


"Madonna," by Dayna Winters.


Finally, I got the most adorable sketch of one of our pugs - Precious.  As I was taking photos of the dogs, Precious proved shes a big ham by standing in front of the camera and not letting me take pictures of Puggy.  She just had to be in the camera  and kept walking in front of Puggy to prove it!  Anyway, I was waiting to get into an appointment and had a chance to whip up this sketch of her:

"Precious," by Dayna Winters.


No comments:

Post a Comment