Sunday, October 5, 2014

Art Journal Prompt 4 - What Color is Your Rainbow?

The fourth prompt for the October 31 Day Art Journal Challenge encouraged me to choose my favorite color and create a rainbow of it with all the various shades the color could produce.  Anyone who knows me well will tell you that red is one of my favorite colors.  I made up a rainbow arch featuring degrees of red with everything from pink, to salmon, to fuschia, to red, to orange.  I then found the perfect poem relating to rainbows entitled "My Dream of Iris," by Mark R Slaughter.  Iris is the goddess of rainbows as well as a messenger of the gods.  The last stanza in the poem is my absolute favorite, so I put in right inside the arch of the red rainbow I created.  It is a plea to Iris and reads:

"Take us on your wing to new endeavours -
Show that nothing in the ethers tempers you!
And every time you render us a rainbow,
See it fires a lust for zest anew!"

The art prompts are really ideal for people of all ages, and you might find some of them great for a family project.  You might even want to suggest them to your kids if they are looking for something to do on a rainy day.  You can find the prompts at Nicci.ca.




No comments:

Post a Comment