Thursday, October 9, 2014

Art Journaling - Exploring New Techniques

I enjoy art journal prompts - they challenge you to see things differently, to be creative, and to come up with innovative means for meeting the challenge.  For instance, the fifth prompt in the current challenge I'm participating in suggested sketching something that contained horizontal lines.  After reflecting on this a bit, I thought bumble bees might be an ideal image to incorporate into the sketch as their black and yellow coloring create horizontal stripes naturally. I added a few sunflowers and began to fill in the piece with colored pencils.  As I did, I wondered what it would be like if I was to make the entire image in horizontal lines.  I tried it in a small area and thought the end result looked neat.  

So I continued to do it through the entire image!  I like the result and hope to use the technique in future works.  I would have liked if the lines were tighter and straighter, and I'll go for this effect the next time I try it.


No comments:

Post a Comment