Sunday, October 12, 2014

Drawing Your Favorite Brand

by Dayna Winters.
Today's art prompt in the October 31 Day Art Journal Challenge was to incorporate the label of one of my favorite brands into a piece of art.  I chose to draw of Opium perfume.  It's a fragrance I have loved for many years! I incorporated a few other items to make the sketch more interesting...a picture of  an antique, handheld mirror, and a few beautiful vintage perfume bottles.  I decided to use graphite pencil for the drawing and leave the image in black and white.

The bottle to the left side of the drawing reminded me of a bottle my grandmother had - or at least it was something similar.  I remember the metal meshwork at the bottom of the bottle and the unusual shape/design.  I had a great time using the new blending sticks/stumps I picked up - they are made of tightly wrapped paper and they make blending the graphite into a smooth design extremely easy to do.  



Before I was relying on an old eraser or my fingers to blend the lines and shading.  They come in a multi-pack of 10 with different sizes, lengths, widths, and tips.  You can see a larger image of the blending sticks below.  The blending stumps do a far better job.  I got them for relatively little expense and highly recommend them.  I'm using Loew-Cornell Blending Stumps and Tortillons made of tightly wrapped soft paper felt.  You can get them in a 10 pack for just under $6.00.











No comments:

Post a Comment