Saturday, October 4, 2014

Art Journal Challenge Prompt 2 and 3

For the second prompt in the October Art Journal Challenge, I was encouraged to write about one of my favorite memories.  I remember flying kites with my kids when they were younger, and made a simple, colorful sketch to reflect that fact:


 Then, for prompt 3, I was encouraged to draw something related to what I would consider my life's theme song.  Humorously enough, I figured I'd choose the song "Witchy Woman," by the Eagles.  I added a variety of symbols to the image including a pentacle, goddess symbol, god symbol, a conical hat, and Hecate's Circle.  I then had a little bit of fun playing with color and scribbling in rainbow colors!   The sketch actually worked out thematically since it's October and the Season of the Witch too (smiles).




Then, in some free time, I sketched a picture of my son Michael holding his ferret.  The sketch came out pretty good, although I still think I'm truncating some of my images. In the meantime, back on the farm, I've got a couple of projects going and I'm pacing myself to get them done.  There will be more on those projects in future blogs. :)


"Mikey," by Dayna Winters.


No comments:

Post a Comment