Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Save the Frogs


http://savethefrogs.com/art/index.html

So I've been working on a project for several weeks now.  It's an art contest entry for the annual Save the Frogs! Contest.  I found the contest while looking for some art competitions online.  I have special affinity for frogs, have since I was a kid.  I used to catch frogs in the creek near my home and I remember the day I was lucky enough to find a humongous bull frog hiding in a bush in my front yard.

With my affinity for frogs and art, I couldn't resist, and decided I'd enter.  I don't know if I'm allowed to share my entry yet, but at some point I definitely will.  I can tell you a bit about the piece though - I've drawn a bunch of frogs in the grass and depicted an image of what happens after it rains.  I can remember many a rainy nights when there were miniature frogs hopping all over the yard and the road.

Save the Frogs! is a non-profit organization looking to prevent the mass extinction of amphibian populations.  The annual art contest encourages artists to be creative and the art is used to spread awareness of the issue.  Last year, the organization received more than 9000 art entries from more than 60 countries.  Anyone of any age can participate.  The contest runs from January to October 15 each year.  This contest is great for adults, students, kids looking for a fun project, and even entire classes have participated in the past.  I had a lot of fun creating my entry, and I encourage anyone who likes art to let their inner artist shine for a good cause.  You can find out all the details and view the artwork previously submitted at Savethefrogs.com/art.  Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment