Monday, October 13, 2014

What Inspires You?

by Dayna Winters.
Today's art prompt suggested I draw or write an image about what inspires me.  I went with the use of a graphite pencil to sketch out the image, and later colored it with colored pencils.  I wanted to depict mother nature with flowers all through her long flowing hair, but I also wanted to give her an extra fantastical appearance, since my art is inspired by fantasy, myth, and nature.

I thought it would be cool if she were blowing dandelion pappi ( the little wispy things that blow in the wind and children make wishes with, and and yes, I had to look it up...winks).  As I was drawing, I decided to make the pappi form the word "inspire."  I think the idea worked out well, since the word "inspire" is derived from the Latin inspirare meaning blow into or breathe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment