Friday, October 10, 2014

Art Journaling - Drawing Something With Wings

The sixth prompt for the art challenge I'm participating in suggested I draw something with wings.  Usually I would have whipped up a fairy as I love drawing and painting them, but I wanted to do something a little different this time.  I found a depiction of a jeweled Egyptian Scarab and decided to draw it.  I like what the scarab symbolizes - rebirth, creative forces, eternity, cycling, and it's a solar symbol.  

In the body of the scarab, I used really tight vertical lines and a variety of different colors to make a interesting visual effect. I used the same technique in the reddish-orange disc symbolizing the sun.  To make golden edges, I used yellow colored pencils and then blended in a tan/light brown color.

No comments:

Post a Comment