Friday, January 2, 2015

Catching Up - Holidays, Frogs, and Dreams

First, let me share a Happy New Year with everyone!  I hope you all have plenty of blessings in the year 2015.  I haven't blogged in a while, so it's time to play a bit of catch up for a moment.  I've been truly busy with holiday preparation, and while I'm glad the chaotic holidays have passed, I had a really good time this year spending Christmas and New Year's with family and friends.

I had done a collection of just for fun artwork when making gifts for some loved ones.  Everyone was quite happy with their gifts, and I couldn't be happier because of it.  I also received some wonderful gifts and I'm thankful for all my blessings.  You can see the images in my "Just for Fun" album on my Facebook page.  I've been relatively healthy, with the exception of bouts of fatigue and a need for some vitamin D supplements.  I'm looking forward to 2015 as I hope for a productive, prosperous, and abundant New Year. To that end, that is my hope for all.  

I mentioned in my last blog how I had entered into the Save the Frogs Art Contest.  While I wasn't a winner, I still had a terrific time participating.  I had a chance to draw up a piece of work that I polished off with acrylics.  I entitled it, "After the Rain," and included the "Save the Frogs!" logo.  I made the raindrop/dew drop look with clear glitter paint:

,
Save the Frogs! Contest Entry Entitled "After the Rain," by Dayna Winters.
I've also had some fun writing about dreams and their interpretation.  For those of you that may not know, I'm the coauthor of "The Esoteric Dream Book: Mastering the Magickal Symbolism of the Subconscious Mind (Schiffer Books, 2014)."  I've been practicing dream interpretation for more than a decade, and I've recently been sharing some fun articles on The Magical Buffet, thanks to the kind permission of the site administrator, Rebecca Elson.

Dream Interpretation for Personal Growth: First appeared in October, and is an article where I explained how a dream symbol can be broken down into its various meanings.  The article took an in-depth look at the meaning of a house/home in a dream narrative and how it might be interpreted to offer a personal meaning to the dreamer.

Leaves in the Wind: Appeared in November, and it's an article exploring how to make sense out of small, disconnected dream fragments.  I described how to take apart images for analysis, the interpretation of an image's environment, the meaning of color, and how an image can hint on common plays on words or cliches.  I also examined the emotion an image can elicit, running themes, archetypes, synchronicity,  and offered questions to ask yourself for more understanding.

Moonphases and Dreamwork: Appeared in December and was the final article for 2014.  In it I explored moon phases and dream work, the phases of the moon and their meaning, and I touched on how the moon influences sleep cycles and human behavior.  I also supplied some information on resources for tracking the exact phase of the moon.

With the entrance of the new year, you'll soon see some new material appearing on The Magical Buffet in January.  I'll give you a hint about what is to come - I'll be revealing information on what inspired a recent piece of artwork I completed entitled, "Rainbow Serpent."  See the below:

"Rainbow Serpent," by Dayna Winters.



Don't miss it!  Stay tuned to The Magical Buffet during the month of January for more information.  It's going to be a great year as I explore more about dreams, dream interpretation, and how you can use it to enhance your life physically, mentally, and spiritually.  Until then blessings to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment