Friday, September 9, 2016

September 2016 29 Faces Challenge - Face 9 - Marilyn Monroe

"Marilyn Monroe," by Dayna Winters. Copyright 2016.
I like trying to draw images of Marilyn Monroe for a number of reasons.  First, there are so many pictures of her and poses to choose from, and secondly, here iconic look is hard to duplicate, so if you manage it, you've accomplished something.  This image I think falls a bit short as to me, it looks more like Madonna than Marilyn, and a lot of it has to do with the position of the jaw.  The image has Marilyn looking slightly upward, but I did struggle with the angle.  Still, I don't feel this is a total loss and I still like the look of the image. Sometimes we just have to let the art stand for itself and let go of the original definition of what we thought we were creating.

Quote from Marilyn that aligns with this idea: "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."

~Peace Out~


No comments:

Post a Comment