Saturday, September 3, 2016

29 Faces September 2016 Challenge Face 3 - Steven Tyler

"Steven Tyler," by Dayna Winters. Copyright 2016.
Thought I would give Steven Tyler a try, with his iconic looks I figured I'd either do it right or miss the mark entirely.  I think I did okay here and feel he is recognizable, even if I didn't say who he was right at the start. 

I'd be giving away my age here when I say I first listened to Aerosmith on a cassette tape - that's right, I said it (lol).  A cassette tape, which at the time  was a real pain in the ass to reward to get it right on the song you wanted to here.  The tape was: "Toys in the Attic."

Here's a great quote from Tyler for those who need a bit of inspiration or deep insight: "Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us."

With that being said, who of my generation would have thought Tyler would eventually start writing country music?  Amazing. Absolutely.


4 comments:

  1. You certainly captured him. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes definitely recognisable! Lovely portrait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a fantastic job! Looks just like him!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I rarely attempt actual people in my drawings. You did such a good job of capturing him.

    ReplyDelete