Wednesday, September 7, 2016

29 Faces September 2016 – Face 7 – Harvey Keitel


"Harvey Keitel," by Dayna Winters, Copyright 2016.
I have come to appreciate the acting skills of Harvey Keitel, particularly in roles like “Dusk to Dawn,” where he played a vampire-fighting preacher, and of course, “Pulp Fiction,” where he played the Wolf.  My favorite line in Pulp Fiction comes from when the Wolf (Keitel) addresses Vincent Vega (John Travolta,)” and (Jules Winnfield) as he tells them how to get out of the current bind they are in.  Vincent decides to get a bit sarcastic with the Wolf, and is quickly put in his place (Love it!)…

“Get it straight buster - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do and if self-preservation is an instinct you possess you'd better fucking do it and do it quick. I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen… If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car.” – The Wolf, “Pulp Fiction”


And the line he says later on in the movie: "Just because you are a character doesn't mean you have character."


I also enjoyed Harvey’s role in Thelma and Louise as the cop pursuing the two woman as they move across the country and try to get to Mexico.  Even more hilarious is when he plays Satan in Adam Sandler’s “Little Nicky.”  All around a great actor and as drawing faces go, a considerable challenge.  His face has a lot of character, and I did my best to capture it.

1 comment:

  1. so do you just read my mind on my favorite actors LOL Harvey is one of the best. You represent him very well.

    ReplyDelete