Monday, September 5, 2016

29 Faces Challenge September 2016 Face 5 - Mick Jagger

"Mick Jagger," by Dayna Winters. Copyright 2016.
The first time I ever saw Mick Jagger in a movie, it was in the 1992 film "Freejack," co-starring Emilio Estevez, where Jagger played the role of Victor Vacendak and honestly, I liked him in the role.  

The list of the Rolling Stones songs I appreciate is pretty long, but off the top of my head I can say I enjoy songs like "I Can't Get No Satisfaction," "Angie," "Beast of Burden," and "Jumpin' Jack Flash."

Interestingly, we discovered one of our pugs doesn't really have the appreciation for the Rolling Stones that we do, and we made this discovery quite by accident. One day we were watching a movie featuring Denzel Washington and John Goodman - the supernatural thriller  "Fallen." Great flick too - I highly recommend it. If my memory serves me correctly, the movie portrayed a demonic angel named Azazel, jumping from one person's body to another throughout the film, as he sinisterly and repeatedly defied and tormented a detective played by Denzel Washington. Definitely, it is a film I would revisit and recommend for anyone who enjoys a film with a few eerie twists.

Anyway, as the credits of the film rolled, "Sympathy for the Devil," played in the background and Puggles, our male pug, began barking and squawking and putting up a protest like no other!  Every time the song broke out with the chorus:

"Pleased to meet you
Hope you guess my name, oh yeah
Ah, what's puzzling you
Is the nature of my game, oh yeah
(Woo woo, woo woo)...."

I still think it was the (woo woo, woo woo) section that was freaking him out!  LoL, and even now he acts up every time the song plays - sooooooooooo...if I want to chill out and listen to "Sympathy for the Devil," I have to do so when Puggy is out of earshot or I have to put my headphones on, unless I want to get him hooting and hollering!

Anyway, here's my rendition of Mick Jagger. He really has a lot of definition in the face and his look is so icon I attempted, as best as I could, to capture every feature.

And... here's a quote from Jagger to remind us all how important it is to dream big and to pursue our dreams as long as we are able:

"Lose your dreams and you might lose your mind."~ Mick Jagger~


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful job Dayna! I like all your drawings. I dared myself to try open mouths but I haven't have courage yet, my mouths looks like awful dark holes that scary everyone :).

    ReplyDelete