Sunday, September 4, 2016

29 Faces Challenge September 2016 - Face 4 Gene Wilder

"Gene Wilder," by Dayna Winters. Copyright 2016.
With the recent passing of Gene Wilder, I really wanted to try to draw the artist I remember from the original Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory when I was a kid (No offense to Tim Burton and his rendition, and yes, I like Johnny Depp,  but I really didn’t care for Depp as Willy Wonka at all.) 

Of course, I’m not big on remakes unless it is a real knock my socks of rendition. I didn’t care for the remakes of The Omen or Amityville either, bu t that’s another story entirely.  I will say that Disturb’s rendition of “The Sound of Silence” is a remake of the Simon & Garfunkel classic that floored me and I walked away seriously impressed – I almost think it is even better than the original (dare I say it?).  

Anyway, here’s my rendition of Gene…admittedly I had some trouble with the chin and perimeter of the face, but I don’t think it’s too bad. Results: I'm mildly satisfied with at the moment.

This piece is done with Derwent and Prismacolor pencils.

~Peace out~

No comments:

Post a Comment