Monday, February 8, 2016

29 Faces Days 5, 6, and 7 - Three Times the Charm, Or Not...

Halliwell Sisters. Copyright Dayna Winters
First, I want to take the time to thank each and every person that visits my blog, and I want to especially thank the people who take the time out of their day, their busy schedules, and their ever so valuable time to comment on my blogs and artwork.  I so appreciate the feedback, support, and kind expressions you all share with me.  I look forward to all the comments I receive, and I love hearing what others have to say about art, drawing, painting, crafts, reading, writing, and whatever topic is at hand.  Thank you so much for engaging with me, and sharing your thoughts.  I appreciate you and what you share.

I was pretty quite over the weekend, and pretty tired.  For anyone who reads the health portion of my blog, you already know I am battling with a variety of health conditions, all of which are culminating in gross fatigue. It is a fatigue that a few cups of coffee or a couple of naps will not conquer, so I have to take it as it comes and work with it as I work with doctors to improve my condition as much as it is possible to do so.

This weekend I spent trying to catch up on a few things and battling through intermittent periods of fatigue and energy. I decided I would do three faces in one drawing to catch up quickly so I don’t fall too far behind the 29 Faces challenge for the month.  I know quantity is not important but I am really sticking to the commitment I made to myself to do it, and my commitments are more of a challenge than ever before with the constant fatigue I struggle with.  I am not necessarily thrilled with the piece, but I don’t hate it either.  It made me search out a quote about art and frustration, and I found one that perfectly suits the occasion…

“Art is challenging and frustrating but I don't linger in it. I work on five paintings at a time so if I'm frustrated I put one down and begin another. “ – Robert Bateman

I think getting over the frustration and moving on is the next best step to the walk away and come back to it later technique when handling artistic frustrations.  Yes, I walked away from the drawing when the rendition of the Halliwell sisters from Charmed (the Paige Era) did not come out the way I would have liked.  I came back to it and even considered starting over, and when I made the effort to do so, it was a half hearted effort because I felt like all the work on the original piece was going to waste.  I went back to the original drawing and worked on finishing it off.  So after working on the piece for I while, I decided it was as good as it was going to be, at least for now.  After two attempts at the same drawing and returning to the initial piece, I was what I will call finished. Three times the charm so to speak…or not.  Anyway, onward to other projects I have waiting in the wings of my imagination!


The result is the picture I’ve shared here…It’s not an exact rendition, but it’s not half bad either.  Now I only need to do an additional drawing to be back on top of things and on top of the challenge.

In the meantime, I’ve been visiting blogs of others who participate in the challenge, and I’ve seen some images shared on Facebook.  I gotta say, the work is breathtaking and inspiring.  I love getting a chance to look at all of the wonderful creations that everyone is producing.  There’s so many imaginative works and incredible depictions, I encourage everyone to check out the contributions to the 29 Faces Challenge, even if you don’t participate.  The blog where you can access all other bloggers participating is located at http://29faces.blogspot.com

Until my next post…love, and light. 

Namaste.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful message about moving on without harsh judgment. Your faces are beautiful. Nice shading. I do hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete